By Terry Felke Morris
Fundamentals of website design: HTML, XHTML, and CSS is meant to be used in a starting website design or internet improvement direction. The textual content covers the fundamentals that internet designers have to strengthen their skills:
Internet and internet options overview
Create web content with XHTML and HTML5
Configure colour and textual content with CSS
Configure web page format with CSS
Configure pictures and multimedia
Explore new CSS3 properties
Apply website design top Practices
Design obtainable and usable internet pages
Design for seek engine optimization
Choose a site name
Publish to the Web
From the Author
My publication, fundamentals of website design: HTML5 & CSS3, takes an leading edge method of arrange scholars to layout websites that paintings this present day as well as being able to reap the benefits of new HTML5 coding thoughts of the long run. to fulfill this difficult objective, the booklet introduces either XHTML syntax and HTML5 syntax, offers coding websites in HTML5 with backwards-compatible thoughts that paintings in present browsers, and likewise presents perform with HTML5's new good points that may basically paintings within the most up-to-date types of browsers.
Today's freshmen are busy multitaskers. The e-book is geared up in two-page sections that quick introduce the reader to new themes, offer examples, and provide hands-on routines. This method gets your scholars up-and-running fast. The textbook significant other web site at webdevbasics.net has a web page for every bankruptcy with links for web pages indexed within the booklet, info on rising developments, extra examples, corrections, and overview video games. teacher fabrics can be found from the publisher's website.
About the Author
Dr. Terry Felke-Morris is a Professor at Harper university in Palatine, Illinois. She holds a physician of schooling measure, a grasp of technology measure in details platforms, and various certifications, together with Adobe qualified Dreamweaver Developer, WOW qualified affiliate Webmaster, Microsoft qualified specialist, grasp CIW dressmaker, and CIW qualified Instructor.
Dr. Morris obtained the Blackboard Greenhouse Exemplary on-line path Award in 2006 to be used of net expertise within the educational setting. She used to be the recipient of 2 foreign awards in 2008: the educational expertise Council's amazing e-Learning college Award for Excellence and the MERLOT Award for Exemplary on-line studying Resources--MERLOT enterprise Classics.
With over two decades of data expertise adventure in company and undefined, Dr. Morris released her first site in 1996 and has been operating with the net ever when you consider that. A long-time promoter of internet criteria, she has been a member of the internet criteria venture schooling activity strength. Dr. Morris is the writer of the preferred net improvement and layout Foundations with XHTML textbook, presently in its 5th variation. She used to be instrumental in constructing the internet improvement measure and certificates courses at Harper collage and at present is the senior school member in that zone. for additional info approximately Dr. Morris, stopover at terrymorris.net.
Read Online or Download Basics of Web Design: HTML5 and CSS3 PDF
Similar web-design books
Dieses Buch ist eine umfassende und komplette Übersicht über HTML four. 01 und XHTML 1. zero. Es behandelt detailliert jedes HTML-Element und erklärt die jeweilige Funktionsweise und das Zusammenspiel mit anderen Elementen. Das Buch ist besonders geeignet für HTML-Autoren, die nicht nur eine eigene Homepage im internet haben wollen, sondern vor allem professionelle Webseiten erstellen und dazu das ganze Spektrum an Möglichkeiten mit HTML und XHTML nutzen wollen.
In dieser Diplomarbeit wird untersucht welche Möglichkeiten home windows CE bietet und welche Webserver und Datenbanken hier zum Einsatz kommen können. Dies wird in Anbetracht der Erstellung eines Content-Management-Systemes dargelegt, welches Inhalte mittels dynamisch generierten Webseiten auf einem home windows CE method darstellen soll.
Cascading type sheets (CSS) are the trendy common for web site presentation. while mixed with a structural markup language corresponding to HTML, XHTML, or XML (though no longer restricted to these), cascading variety sheets offer net browsers with the knowledge that permits them to offer the entire visible features of an online rfile.
- XML mit VB und ASP. Internetlösungen für Visual Basic- und Web-Entwickler GERMAN
- Return on Design: Smarter Web Design That Works - 1st edition (May 13, 2003)
- Teach Yourself VISUALLY: WordPress
- The HTML Pocket Guide
Additional info for Basics of Web Design: HTML5 and CSS3
17. Th e site map describes the arch itecture of the w ebsite-a Home page w ith three main content pages: Yurts, Activities, and Reservations. 17 Pacific Trails Resort site map. 18 displays a wireframe sketch of the page layout for the Pacific Trails Resort website. The wireframe contains a site logo, a navigation area, a content area, and a footer area for copyright information. 11 Pacific Trails Resort wireframe page layout. Your task in this case study is to create the Home page for the Pacific Trails Resort website.
Web Page Structural Basics 43 The Dlv Element The div element configures a structural area or "division" on a web page with a line break above and below. Use a div element when you need to format an area of a web page such as a logo or page footer. The
, and even other
elements within it. You'll use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) later in this book to style and configure the color, text typeface, and layout of divs and other structural elements such as headings, paragraphs, and lists.
5. html). -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------· Why does my web page still look the samet Often, students make changes to a web page but get frustrated because their browser shows an older version of the page. The following troubleshooting tips are helpful when you know you modified your web page but the changes do not show up in the browser: 1. Make sure that you save your web page fi le after you make the changes. 2. Verify the location that you are saving your file to-the hard drive, a particular folder.
Basics of Web Design: HTML5 and CSS3 by Terry Felke Morris
4.2Rated 5 – based on votes of